Save the Next Bright Star
This program was created to bring awareness to Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, the leading cause of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in young people, through public speaking and educational materials.
We also provide screening through our alliance with Ultrasound Services, Inc.’s “Play Safe Division”. The purpose of this program is to:
- Bring awareness to HCM and Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
- Educate our communities about HCM, through public speaking, and educational materials.
- Provide screening for people to detect who maybe at risk of Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
- Participate in getting screening included into student-athletes, pre-participation physicals.
- Getting the American Medical Association to recognize the importance of screening athletes through data collected from our program.
DERII Foundation would also like to see colleges and universities screen their athletes.