Keep The Beat Philadelphia
Sponsored by Medtronic Emergency Systems. DER II Foundation and CPAT Network Foundation collaborated to make Philadelphia one of the safest cities in America. This program is designed to:
- Place Automated External Defribrillators into public facilities in the City of Philadelphia. (ex. Phila. Recreation Ctrs., City Hall, PAL Centers, Boys and Girls Clubs, Fitness Centers).
- Provide CPR/AED training the surrounding communities of Philadelphia .
- Increase the survival rate of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Philadelphia.
- Push for legislation to mandate AED's be placed in all city government buildings and recreation facilities. (ex. All Schools, Recreation Ctrs., Fitness Clubs)
Special AED donation went to Green Tree School, a school for autistic kids.
Recreation centers that have received AED Programs:
Save A Life, Don't Take A Life
DER II Foundation and CPATnetwork Foundation have collaborated to start a life saving program for teens between the ages of 17 and 21. This program is designed to train and certify teenagers in CPR and AED. Our hope is to give teenagers a sense of value, confidence, and build self esteem. Both organizations think if teenagers know how to save a life, they may think twice about taking a life.To register for this program click here or http://cpatnetwork.net/index.cfm?Section=7&PageNum=29 and fill out the registration form or call Joe Russell at 215-669-5567 or Marcus Owens at 215-651-5010. All training will be held at various Philadelphia Recreation Centers.
Children and adults trained in CPR/AED
Save The Next Bright Star
This program is to bring awareness to Hypertrophy Cardiomyopathy, the leading cause of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in young people, through public speaking and educational materials. We also provide screening through our alliance with Ultrasound Services Inc., "Play Safe Division". The purpose of this program is to:
- Bring awareness to HCM and Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
- Educate our communities about HCM, through public speaking, and educational materials.
- Provide screening for people to detect who maybe at risk of Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
- Participate in getting screening included into student-athletes, pre-participation physicals.
- Getting the American Medical Association to recognize the importance of screening athletes through data collected from our program.
DERII Foundation would also like to see colleges and universities screen their athletes.
Click here for Colleges and Universities screened for HCM
*Funding is the life line of our organization. Please help us in this life-saving mission by sending your contribution to the address on our Donation page.